专业IT科技资讯平台,关注科技、手机、电脑、智能硬件、电脑知识!
当前位置:主页 > 建站 > 美文欣赏 >

经典英语美文欣赏:你所记得的一切

导读:

  All you remember about your child being an infant is the incredible awe you felt about the pr

  All you remember about your child being an infant is the incredible awe you felt about the precious miracle you created.

  当你的孩子是个婴儿时,你所记得的,是你对自己创造出的堪称完美奇迹的作品,感到不可思议的敬畏。

  You remember having plenty of time to bestow all your wisdom and knowledge.

  你记得你有大量的时间去传授你所有的智慧和知识。

  You thought your child would take all of your advice and make fewer mistakes, and be much smarter than you were.

  你认为你的孩子将会接受你所有的忠告而少犯错误,将会比孩提时代的你聪明许多。

  You wished for your child to hurry and grow up.

  你多希望你的孩子快快长大。

  All you remember about your child being two is never using the restroom alone ,

  孩子两岁时,你所记得的,是从不能独自使用卫生间,

  or getting to watch a movie without talking animals.

  从不看一部与动物无关的电影。

  You recall afternoons talking on the phone while crouching in the bedroom closet,

  你记得那些蜷缩在卧室储衣间跟朋友通电话的下午,

  and being convinced your child would be ,

  深信你的孩子将是

  the first Ivy League college student to graduate wearing pullovers at the ceremony.

  第一个身着套头衫出席毕业典礼的常春藤名牌大学毕业生。

  You remember worrying about the bag of M&M's melting in your pocket and ruining your good dress.

  你记得你担心那袋M&M巧克力糖会在你的衣兜里融化,毁了你体面的衣服。

  You wished for your child to be more independent.

  你多希望你的孩子更独立些。

  All you remember about your child being five is the first day of school and finally having the house to yourself.

  孩子5岁时,你所记得的,是他上学第一天你终于独自拥有整个房子了。

  You remember joining the PTA and being elected president when you left a meeting to use the restroom.

  你记得参加家长—教师联系会,在你离开会议室去洗手间时,你当选为会长。

  You remember being asked "Is Santa real?" and saying "yes" because he had to be for a little bit longer.

  你记得孩子问你"圣诞老人是真的吗?"你回答"是的",因为他还需要你的肯定回答,尽管不久他就能自己判断了。

  You remember shaking the sofa cushions for loose change,

  你记得在沙发垫子下一通翻腾要找出些零钱,

  so the toothfairy could come and take away your child's first lost tooth.

  这样牙齿仙女就会来把你孩子掉的第一颗牙带走。

  You wished for your child to have all permanent teeth.

  你多希望孩子的牙都换成了恒牙。

  All you remember about your child being seven is the carpool schedule.

  孩子7岁时,你所记得的,是合伙用车的时间安排。

  You learned to apply makeup in two minutes and brush your teeth in the rearview mirror ,

  你学会了在两分钟内化完妆,照着汽车后视镜刷牙,

  because the only time you had to yourself was when you were stopped at red lights.

  因为你能给你自己找出的时间就只有汽车停在红灯前的那小段。

  You considered painting your car yellow and posting a "taxi" sign on the lawn next to the garage door.

  你想过把你的车子漆成黄色,并在车库门旁的草坪上立一个"出租车"的标志牌。

  You remember people staring at you, the few times you were out of the car,

  你记得有几次你下车后,人们盯着你,

  because you kept flexing your foot and making acceleration noises.

  因为你不断用脚踩油门加速,制造噪音。

  You wished for the day your child would learn how to drive.

  你多希望孩子有一天能学会开车。